Welcome to Season 1, Episode 6, Search Engine Optimization, of Web and BeyondCast. We have an exciting season in store for you, so I hope you enjoy the time we’ll be spending together.
(If you’re reading this in a podcast directory/app, please visit http://webandbeyondcast.com/006 for clickable links and the full show notes and transcript of this cast.)
This is just the beginning of Web and BeyondCast, but you have reached the end of our initial series, How to Build a Website. If you haven’t yet listened to the first four episodes on How to Build a Website, I highly recommend that you hop back to the Episode 002 in the podcast feed (which is part 1 in the series) and give those a listen. In this episode, I’m going solo here to explain to you the importance of making your site friendly and accessible to Search Engines (namely Google), so that you can get human eyes on your fledgling Small Business website.
I’m going to cover general Search Engine Optimization techniques, then touch on some of the important concepts you need to understand so that you are able to work on Local, Mobile and Social Search Engine Optimization yourself and/or with your Web designer/developer as you near launch of your website.
If you’d like to discuss this episode, please click here to leave a comment down below (this jumps you to the bottom of the post).
In this Cast | Search Engine Optimization
Show Notes | Search Engine Optimization
Resources we mention, including links to them will be provided here. Please listen to the episode for context.
Check AdSense banned domains: http://bannedcheck.com/
BONUS: Small Business SEO Checklist
- SEO & Marketing Tactics to Rank Outside Your Local Area | Webinar
- WPSSO Schema JSON-LD Markup – Structured Data, Rich Snippet, Google Rich Cards, Pinterest Rich Pins | WordPress.org
- WP SEO Structured Data Schema | WordPress.org
- Best WordPress Schema Plugin | WP SEO Structured Data Schema Pro
- How to Use B2B SEO to Generate High-Quality Leads
- 10 Tips to Get More Local Customers from AdWords & Facebook Ads
- Testing the WordLift Artificial Intelligence SEO Plugin | Elegant Themes Blog
- 💬1 – 🥇 The SEO Tool For Leaders | Create a FREE account now
- The essential small business website checklist | Econsultancy
- A Simple SEO Checklist for Small Business Websites – ESPRESSO.digital
- Small Business Website Checklist: What You Need Lined Up Before Going Live
- The Small Business SEO Checklist | SEO Mark
- Keeping up with SEO in 2018: What you should focus on
- How To Optimize For Facebook Graph Search: SEO Meets Social
- Graph Search Optimization: The New SEO and What it Means – Adweek
- Is Your Facebook Graph Search Plan Ready? | HuffPost
- 7 Key Ways to Optimize Facebook Fan Page SEO (along with Mozinar …
- Facebook Graph Search
Raw Text Transcript | Search Engine Optimization
Raw, unedited and machine-produced text transcript so there may be errors, but you can search for specific points in the episode to jump to, or to reference back to at a later date and time, by keywords or key phrases.Read More